Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Big One!

Yar! There she blows! The Big One! The all-mighty, underlying thematic idea which applies to every work of literature, be it film, text or even theater! Yaaarrrrr! Avast ye question, reveal yourself to mine eyes, and I promise that I will try my hardest not to harpoon ye.
*Water splooshes*
Ah! Look at ye, the great  white beast of the deep, rise further, come up!
*Splashing noises*
*A loud foghorn-like noise erupts from the beast*
Ye speak! To me! Alas, the question you pose it....MAN THE HARPOONS! Spear that beast and reel her into land! Come on mateys, grab her!

-5 hours later-

Men, we tried, we tried good and hard, but...but she was too much to handle. We were powerless.
Speaking of which, she knew the whole time....or at least that what I assume. I mean, the question she bespoke upon me was

"Does mankind really have power, or do we fall into an illusion in which we do?"

And mateys, I guess we were powerless in this one...but never lose hope! This question makes us question reality, our lives in the infinte universe in which we all live, it defends our never-ending struggles against nature and ourselves. So are we powerless or powerful crew?

YARRR!!

Thats what I thought! Now man the sails mateys, we've got a question to catch!

1 comment:

  1. AARR!!! Like the maritimey ring to this...you may want to refine your question in terms of what is the source of our greatest power(s) as humans?

    Just thinking that this Big Question may be a bit too much of a whale...

    ReplyDelete